These are unique wedding or bridal shower favors to make at home. Suppose the bride-to-be or groom loves Chocolate Labs. Perhaps they own a Chocolate Lab. Or suppose their wedding color scheme is chocolate/coffee and pink – a popular combination these days (2007). You can make Chocolate Lab wedding or bridal shower favors that are sure to be appreciated.
Chocolate Lab wedding or bridal shower favors to make at home begin with a computer and a bit of creativity. They end with beautiful Chocolate Lab bookmark mementos that thank guests for their attendance.
How to Make Chocolate Lab Bookmark Favors
You will need a computer and a color printer that will handle card stock. Alternatively, you can create the Chocolate Lab bookmark favors at home and take your file to a copy shop to be printed. You will also need a single-hole paper punch and rose colored yarn.
- Begin your Chocolate Lab bookmark favors by setting up a new file in your graphics program. Make your bookmark approximately 2.5″ x 10″.
- Scan a Chocolate Lab photo onto your computer, or use a permissible photo from the Internet. (Be careful not to infringe copyrights.) Be sure the photo you use shows the Chocolate Lab looking straight into the camera, with its mouth open to reveal the pink tongue.
- Remove the background from the photo, leaving only the Chocolate Lab. Place it on the bottom half of your bookmark.
- Find pictures of pink roses without background, and place them around the Chocolate Lab. Make it appear as though the Chocolate Lab is in a bed of pink roses.
- Behind the Chocolate Lab and to the top of the bookmark, flow a gradient from deep rose that matches your yarn to the lightest pink in the roses.
- On the top half of your Chocolate Lab bookmarks, letter the bridal couple’s names and wedding date. Beneath that, letter “Thank you.”
- Save your Chocolate Lab bookmark file. Then copy it, paste 3 together on a page, print on card stock, and cut.
- Punch a hole at the top center of each bookmark, tie yarn through the hole, and finish with a small yarn tassel.
- To get the task done sooner, invite friends to help make your Chocolate Lab wedding or bridal shower favors.
These Chocolate Lab bookmarks are cute, and perfectly match a chocolate and pink color scheme.