Ecstatic owners of indoor puppies, whether Labrador or pound puppies, are soon faced with urine spots. Puppies need time to learn, and during that time, you need the best dog urine cleaner available.
Almost every puppy has a urine accident, so dog urine cleaner is essential.
You probably already know that it is important to take care of your puppy’s accidents quickly. You want to avoid future accidents, and once the puppy associates the odor of urine with that area, you will have trouble convincing it not to urinate there. You must act quickly, and you must use the best dog urine cleaner you can get.
Many dog urine cleaners can make potty training and accidents less stressful on you and your home, but the best dog urine cleaner will require a bit of research. Here are a few things to consider – but test a hidden spot first.
- Organic: Several organic products on the market are reported to completely remove stains and odors. Since urine is an organic material and “like dissolves like”, inorganic chemicals and perfumes fail to remove stains and odors. SPOT SHOT, available at Home Depot, is a good place to start, following directions and scrubbing carefully.
- Peroxide: Some people claim peroxide is the best dog urine cleaner.
- Windex: A soaking with Windex, followed by paper towel blotting is also said to work well.
- White vinegar: A solution of 1 part white vinegar to 4 parts water is a mild approach, and just may be the best dog urine cleaner for you.
- Stain-free: The best dog urine cleaner will not stain carpet and upholstery fabric.
- Non-toxic: This provides safety for your puppy and children.
- Guaranteed: The best dog urine cleaners are guaranteed when used as directed. Don’t settle for something less.
Whatever product you use, be prepared to cover the treated stain with a large bowl or pan until the treatment is complete. This will keep your puppy from returning to urinate there again.
Small, extractor-type carpet cleaners seem to work well for pet stains. Steam cleaners also do well on some carpets.
Even if you find what is, to you, the best dog urine cleaner in the world, remember to check your carpet pad and get the stain out of that as well.